Part of McAvoy’s opening rant includes how America used to be a great country in the 50s and 60s and 70s, in part because TV journalists — “Great Men” — would just tell you the truth about what was happening in the world. I am trying to get through this relatively quickly, but let me just observe: When the only human beings you consider worthy of value are heterosexual white men, then yeah, it’s hella easy to get nostalgic for the 1950s. The rest of us sometimes struggle with that perspective.
My feelings. Let me show you them.
- msplasmodesmatarama likes this
- ciradiandreamsofmusic likes this
- thethousandthcat likes this
- ninaprettyballerina said: Ugh, yes! “Great men” made me cringe so much.
- bronwynlewis likes this
- tiffanyb likes this
- helveticafutura likes this
- stfupenguins reblogged this from lizlet
- meganwest likes this
- lizlet posted this