Several years ago, in my temping days, my bestie Aimee would help me lovingly hand-craft personal ads to post on Craigslist, because the flurry of responses would go a long way towards breaking up a dull afternoon online, and every once in a while someone interesting would email. (The very best example ever being Vincent Kartheiser, but that’s a story for another time.) On a whim yesterday, I decided to put one up, just to see what would happen — and Craigslist removed it for some TOS violation! I have no idea why. But I was pretty happy with the ad, so I have decided to preserve it here for posterity. Enjoy.
(I’d be quite rude if I didn’t mention that the below contains Prometheus spoilers.)
HEADLINE: I’m less of a mess than the third act of Prometheus
So I have a job (writing for TV), an apartment (with a TV), a cat (tuxedo) and a bit of a headache from dealing with the plot choices made at the end of Prometheus. I like long walks, science fiction, dive bars, sushi, and logical reasons for putting Guy Pearce in old age makeup that don’t include viral video campaigns.
Using Craigslist to look for a date isn’t my first choice of activities, but is far less painful an operation than, you know, a self-administered abortion. And the odds of me finding a decent guy in the 31-36 year old age range in the Los Angeles area seem a lot better than the odds of surviving an second interstellar flight with nothing but a few oxygen containers and a detacted robot head for company. (A detached robot head that will probably need to still dye the roots of its hair, which shouldn’t be growing anyway.)
Anyways, your pic gets mine, and your strategies for avoiding crashing alien ships get my attention. If you’re Damon Lindelof, well — I’m really looking forward to Star Trek 2!
- jacksonwest likes this
- honeykissbutterfly likes this
- allonsydocteur likes this
- alyssalookingsad likes this
- ecantwell said: I’m guessing the violation is saying “abortion” … probably they have to make sure people aren’t posting shit like “Hey, want a cheap abortion? I will do one for $6!” Or they just saw Prometheus and immediately put a ban on that b/c it was so awful.
- chicklittumbls likes this
- nslayton said: Amazing ad. Also, I’m interested in the Vincent Kartheiser story.
- jaybushman reblogged this from lizlet and added:
- tarysande likes this
- bronwynlewis likes this
- fuckyeahbluemonday said: I think perhaps Pearce was put in makeup to channel this: tinyurl.com/d6tuyuy
- hangingfire likes this
- lizlet posted this