So I haven’t actively followed the Amazon Studios thing, but other people (like John August) have, so maybe they can explain to me if I’m reading this wrong:
1) Someone (or many someones) submit an idea to Amazon Studios about zombies fighting gladiators.
2) Eventually the idea becomes popular through whatever crowd-sourcing set-up they have there.
3) Amazon throws some money at Clive Barker to make it into an actual operational screenplay.
4) The original submitter/submitters are omitted from the press release and, essentially, forgotten forever.
That about right? Because, um. Ew.
- monsterbeard said: On the flip side, the guy who came up with the modern military division in the Roman Empire got hired to write the script, didn’t he? Which is honestly a much more original idea than zombies vs gladiator. Not that that’s the point.
- meganwest likes this
- lizlet posted this