This morning, instead of working in pajamas, I wore running pants. And you know what? I finished my NTVS review just a little bit faster.
Thanks all for answering poll! Interesting to consider the role media plays in modern nerd relationships. (Not that y’all are nerds… :)
Poll for folks in relationships: do you have a list of TV/movies your partner MUST see? If so, do you ever feel like you’ll complete it?
Yikes. Some people that I’ve officially outlived, starting today: Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jonathan Brandis.
So I said that Orson Welles was #3 on my list of dudes for whom I’d abuse time travel. Who else is on that list? http://bit.ly/aHSb8
So this isn’t technically my fault, as Annie challenged me to create this list. But in reverse order…
10. Richard Roundtree (Shaft era)
9. The future scientist who finally perfects jet pack technology (so that I can get a jet pack)
8. Teddy Roosevelt (I have no good explanation for this)
7. Albert Einstein (no explanation needed)
6. Ben Franklin (He apparently slept with all of Paris, so presumbly he’s got some moves)
5. Julius and/or Philip Epstein in the 1940s (old-timey Hollywood screenwriters; I read this book about the making of Casablanca and something about the way they were depicted made me fancy them rotten)
4. Zak Efron in the year 2035 (he’s way too young right now, but in his George Clooney silver fox days — yes)
3. Orson Welles (Citizen Kane edition)
2. Carl Bernstein and/or Bob Woodward (just before they started working Watergate — when they were 28 and 29!)
1. Jonathan Brandis
Conclusion: I should probably not be trusted with a time machine.
Who would be on your list?
Here is a picture of myself with the person who quite literally raised me on the show.
Please go fuck yourself.
A girl who likes Star Trek
Having lovely chill weekend that, oddly, has involved 3 different trips down Hollywood Blvd. Actually helped tourists find Chinese Theater!
Invitational is out of tickets for competing grilled cheese. “But you can have all the Kraft singles sammichs you want!” FAIL.
Waiting in mammoth line to get into the Grilled Cheese Invitational. WORTH IT.
Getting ready for tonight’s birthday drinks tonight at the Formosa Cafe. Stop by after 8 pm if you’re around!
So I now have a Tumblr blog to chronicle the misadventures of being liz dot miller at gmail dot com: http://wronglizmiller.tumblr.com
Just answered the phone thinking it’d be Joey and David, re: a question I had about their new series “Temps.” Instead, it was a temp agency.
Aren’t many girls who know that their moms are wearing fairy wings in public tonight. (Hope you’re having fun, @janetmiller!)